Tuesday, May 30, 2023


 May 30 Tue
Sharing two prayers written by two saints to ask for the guidance of the Paraclete.

The great Doctor of the Church St. Augustine (354-430) composed a short prayer in which he asks the Paraclete to help him live a holy life.

Holy Spirit, inspire me, that I may have holy thoughts.
Holy Spirit, guide me, so that I may act in a holy way.
Holy Spirit, draw me, that I may love holy things.
Holy Spirit, strengthen me, that we may stand for holy things.
Holy Spirit, help me, that I may never lose holy things".

Saint Josemaría Escrivá wrote this prayer to the Holy Spirit:

"Come, O Holy Spirit!: enlighten my understanding, to know your commands; strengthen my heart against the snares of the enemy; inflame my will..... I have heard your voice, and I do not want to harden my heart and resist, saying: later..., tomorrow. Nunc coepi! NOW! Lest tomorrow may not come to me.
O Spirit of truth and wisdom, Spirit of understanding and counsel, Spirit of joy and peace! I want what you want, I want it because you want it, I want it in the manner you want it, I want it when you want it...".

Photo: St. Fernando, King.