Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Oct 2 Fri - Do I dialog with Jesus throughout the day?


 

Oct 2 Fri

Do I dialog with Jesus throughout the day?

A love challenge: to ask Jesus throughout the day.

Lety (from Leyte) says: It was my day to cook and clean the kitchen thoroughly. My cooking partner, Ate Ting, told me that we had to cook eggs for breakfast. I suggested cooking them in the microwave. She said, "I've never done it before, but...okay". To which I replied, "No problem, let's look on the internet how to do it." 

I looked and saw that the first thing we needed was a microwave egg cup, but as an alternative they suggested using a glass with the egg inside, closed with vinyl film, and with holes in it, to let the air pass through. We prepared everything and put it in the microwave, but bang, bang, it exploded in the microwave and made a mess!

Ate said to me, "It's just that on the internet you can't trust the first thing you read; you have to know where you read." This shocked me because I thought that this is how our faith journey can be if we don't take care of it.

Sometimes we are careless; we get carried away with new theories because that is what the world asks of us, or we put our trust in the first thing we read. But Jesus tells us, "I am the way, the truth and the life."

In Jesus, we have the Way to walk, the hand to grasp. His way is our happiness. In turn, Jesus is the Truth, our reference in thinking, choosing, and living. He has left us the truth to give meaning to our life. And He is also Life, a life not only to go along, but to enjoy it to the full…and forever.

Thus, don’t be afraid of your possible mistakes. If you are faithful in your struggle, if you follow Jesus’ instructions throughout the day, your life will become a beautiful tapestry in God's eyes, even though often you may not be aware of it. 

It is only a matter of following Jesus’ instructions. St. Josemaría commented: “I once visited a tapestry shop, where they were copying one that belonged to a royal family. Most of it was already finished, and one could clearly make out the colorful knights in armor, and a breathtaking blue sky. Then I looked behind the tapestry and saw only a jumble of knots and threads...” 

Our lives are like that: every day we make frequent mistakes, and we need to stop and tie a knot, and then continue working, without realizing the beauty of our endeavor. But if we could see the tapestry from the front, we would see how marvelous that array of countless threads really is, thanks to God and our small daily effort."

Jesus wants us to be happy. In Him we have everything; He is our resource and reference for everything that happens to us. We only have to turn to Him. 

Today, the challenge of love is to ask Jesus throughout your day, "Jesus, what do you want me to do right now?" And then, listen to Him carefully, because He always answers.