Thursday, July 13, 2023


 July 13 Thu
“When people give themselves freely, at every moment of their self-surrender, freedom renews their love; to be renewed in that way is to be always young, generous, capable of high ideals and great sacrifices… I tell you this because, although I have been around a good many years, when I pray at the foot of the altar ‘to God who gives joy to my youth’, I feel young and I know that I will never consider myself old. If I keep true to my God, Love will constantly vivify me.

“It's because we love freedom that we tie ourselves down. Only pride sees such bonds as a heavy chain. True humility, which is taught us by the One who is meek and humble of heart, shows that his yoke is easy and his burden light: his yoke is freedom and love and unity; his yoke is the Life which he won for us on the Cross.”

And after the Cross – let us not forget – comes the glorious Resurrection and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. “In the life of Christ, Calvary preceded the Resurrection and Pentecost. This is the order that must be followed in the life of any Christian. We are, as St Paul tells us, heirs indeed of God and joint heirs with Christ, provided, however, we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him. The Holy Spirit comes to us as a result of the Cross – as a result of our total abandonment to the Will of God, of seeking only his glory and renouncing ourselves completely.” St Josemaría

Yes, you must live life beautifully and not allow the spirit of the world that makes gods out of power, riches, and pleasure make you to forget that you have been created for greater things. To reach them, be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

This is the road that leads straight to God: total detachment from ourselves and from what we possess, what we use. It is worthwhile to ask from our Lady this gift for everyone, remembering her loving submission to God's will: “Be it done unto me according to your word.”