Sunday, March 26, 2023


 March 26
The dead man Lazarus represents mankind, dead by sin. Why did Jesus decide to go to Jerusalem, when it could cost him his life? What moved him? ... His love for his dead friend. God continues loving the sinner, even when he rebels, even when he is dead. Jesus is shaken and cries for the sinner. Jesus has compassion and love for me; he calls me from death to life.

We should not be anxious about our past mistakes, or the possibility of future faults. Let's abandon ourselves into God's merciful hands. Let's show him our desires. He is listening to us. You only have to talk.

Our Lord is always ready to listen to us, but he wants our personal response, shown in the effort we make to get out of any situation which prevents us from following him closely. “In the interior life, there is but one fatal illness, one deadly mistake you can make: to settle for defeat, not to know how to fight with the spirit of a child of God. If this personal effort is lacking, the soul is paralyzed and languishes alone, and is incapable of bearing fruit.” St Josemaría

What a pity if Jesus does not find in you the man or the woman he expects. Let us tell him now, simply and plainly: "Yes, Lord, I want to be healed, I want to be freed from this impediment that separates me from you, and prevents me from living to the full the divine life to which you have called me."