Wednesday, March 29, 2023


 March 29 Wed
Christ has overcome death; thus, I should confront it with peace and filial trust. The consideration of the fleetingness of life on earth encourages me to realize that time is a limited gift from God. It is a talent that I have, to produce a return on. What use am I making of my time?
Jesus, I must not fear death because it is the step that brings me closer to what I have sought most in my life: to enjoy total happiness in the fullness of your presence.
Life is short and I must make the most of it, taking advantage of time, to love and serve you, strengthening myself daily with prayer and the sacraments.

After death, there is the particular judgment when our immortal soul receives its eternal retribution. Our judge will be Jesus. We will be examined according to how much we have loved: and our omissions because of lack of love.

We have been created for eternal happiness. This is a gift that God offers to everyone, but accepting it depends on our freedom. What use do I make of my freedom? For God or my egoism?
Hell is a definitive self-exclusion from any kind of happiness, a situation of endless torment.

Purgatory is a purification needed to enter into the joy of heaven. Our Lord invites us to be vigilant; one way of living this loving vigilance is the daily examination of conscience.
We have to reject sin, which takes us away from our destiny: to die in mortal sin without repenting or accepting God’s merciful love means going to hell.

Heaven is the ultimate end and fulfillment of our deepest aspirations; it is completely beyond our understanding. We must trust that we will receive divine help to reach heaven, which is life in God.