Tuesday, March 28, 2023


 

March 28 Tue

He: "Woman, where are your accusers? No one of them has condemned you? "None, Lord," she answered with great respect, humility, and confusion. "For neither do I condemn you. Go and henceforth sin no more." What wonderful words, coming straight from the heart of God!

 

We all have sinned. Sin is an offense against God; it separates us from God, who is our final end, and our happiness. Sin is the only true evil. Whoever sins mortally is telling Jesus, “You, go back to Calvary! Go back to the Cross to be crucified again!”

 

Jesus has come to show us his Father’s compassion, to save us who were lost.

 

Lord, I want to return to the Father’s house; grant me the grace of conversion. Send me your grace to overcome sin. I should never lose hope. The sacrament of reconciliation is the wonderful remedy.

 

And yet, there is so much lukewarmness in my life! Help me to really hate mortal sin; to struggle against venial sins; to flee from occasions of sin. I want to fight to overcome spiritual mediocrity, reject lukewarmness. I want to always make progress. I know, only my love for God can fill my heart.

 

Pic: The kiss of Judas, by Cimabue (c. 1240 - 1302).