Tuesday, December 27, 2022


 

For your sake God has become man.
Awake, you who sleep, rise up from the dead, and I, Christ, will enlighten you. I tell you again: for your sake, God became man.
You would have suffered eternal death, had I not been born in time.
Never would you have been freed from sinful flesh, had I not taken on myself the likeness of sinful flesh.
You would have suffered everlasting unhappiness, had it not been for my mercy and compassion.
You would never have returned from sin to life, had I not shared your death.
You would have been lost if I had not hastened to your aid.
You would have perished, had I not come.
Tell me, can you be happy without Me?
Let us then joyfully celebrate the coming of your salvation and redemption.
Let us celebrate the festive day on which you who are the great and eternal Day came from the great and endless Day of eternity into our own short day of time.