Monday, January 2, 2023


 

Everything dies out, everything passes away. And yet, what I desire is to remain forever. Where can I find what is really permanent?
God has left us free to choose. We can either refuse to carry out his Will or, with the help of his grace, we can surrender to his most lovable wishes. These two alternatives are mutually exclusive. The first is more comfortable, but it does not lead to happiness. As St Josemaría writes: “This is the key to open the door to the kingdom of heaven and enter: He who does the will of my Father, he shall enter!”
As the New Year begins, on the day of his Holy Name, we behold Jesus, suffering with pain, and loving with deeds, even though he is still an infant. He needs no words to ask us to prepare our hearts and put aside everything that does not accord with God's Will and hence hinders our sanctity and our happiness.
Jesus, may my heart be fully converted to You. May You be the only goal of my intentions and the sole object of my affections. May my heart show no hesitation in the face of hardship, but burn ever more ardently, consumed by love for God, and live forever.