Tuesday, January 31, 2023


 

Nothing happens in the world, not even what seems most inexplicable, without being wanted or allowed by You, my God.
Where many people see nothing but coincidence or chance, or even wonder whether they are at the mercy of blind fate, we Christians know that God's fatherly care, his most lovable will, his Providence, is directing everything that happens to us. History is not the result of blind forces or chance; it is the manifestation of our Father God's mercy. God's thoughts are above our thoughts, as Scripture says.
My firm belief that God is caring for me always, helps me to be patient. Things are never as I want them to be, but as God's providence allows; I must accept them gladly, no matter how they appear. If I see God behind everything, I will always be happy and peaceful and never get upset.
I must abandon myself into God's hands like a child who knows that his father always gives him what is best. Sometimes a child is attracted by things that could do him harm; and his father, even though he knows the child is going to be disappointed, has to say no. The child may not understand, but it is for his own good.