Friday, January 20, 2023


 

This is Jesus, the Good Shepherd.
To be a shepherd is a true and proper way of life: twenty-four hours a day, living with the flock, accompanying them to pasture, sleeping among the sheep, taking care of those who were weakest. In other words, Jesus does not do something for me, but he gives everything to me, he gives his life for me. He teaches me, primarily, with the testimony of his life.
I need to compare myself with the model, with Jesus the Good Shepherd. And I should ask myself: Do I imitate him, drinking from the wells of the Eucharist and prayer, so that my heart is in harmony with his?
When I try to discover Christ in what surrounds me, I am filled with apostolic fruitfulness, perhaps different from what I imagined.
Jesus needs many persons who want to be fishers of men, to serve others, to give their lives like Christ. They are those who hold nothing back.