Monday, January 16, 2023


 

When we, God’s creatures, lose confidence and are afraid, through lack of faith, we hear once again the voice of Isaiah who speaks out in the name of the Lord: “Was my arm too short to deliver you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst.”
My faith, that God is my Father, always produces optimism and the certainty of victory. If I were to rely on my own power alone, I would have good reason to be discouraged. Certain obstacles would seem insurmountable, and many of my apostolic targets would appear totally unrealistic. But, I know, if I live by faith, then I know I am not alone when I must face difficulties and when I strive to make my dreams a reality. I say, “God is my light and my strength, whom shall I fear?”