Wednesday, January 18, 2023


Facing the demands of the gospel that Jesus preached, we are always in danger of trying to deform this gospel to our own criteria and to our present circumstances.
Lord, make me strong to be able to help you carry the Cross in my ordinary life. I do not want to just “fit in,” yielding to what is considered normal, but rather “to stand out.”
I do not want my interior life to be a mere external fulfillment, but, in the depths of my soul, I am eager to always know what God expects of me.
Certainly, it is necessary to know how to transmit the faith at every time and place with the necessary gift of tongues. But the Word of God is forever.
Lord Jesus, to have you as a companion in my life I need to know you more directly in the Eucharist, in the Gospel and in prayer.